Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Number of items completed (0/101)
Start Date: (not yet planned)
The list (in progress)
#1 Reach a healthy BMI
#2 Stay within that healthy BMI
#3 travel overseas at least once
#4 travel to Venice
#5 travel to Austria at least once
#6 travel to FFM
#7 try to change my working situation (either solve the current situation or find a new job)
#8 figure out what I really want for my future and work toward it
#9 create and amazon.com wishlist
#10 drink no RedBull for 30 days straight (0/30)
#11 host a dinner party
# 12 go to sleep by 11PM for 20 nights in the same month (0/20)
#13 excercise at least 3 times a week (0/300)
#14 work on becoming a family
#15 buy a Wii Fit
#16 buy new livingroom furniture
#17 buy a new washing machine
#18 have lunch/dinner with friends at least 30 times (0/30)
#19 attend at least 5 concerts (0/5)
#20 wear a dress to a wedding and look good in it!
#21 see Carlchen regularly
#22 go to the pool at least 10 times every summer (0/60)
#23 go for a walk weekly during the summer (0/180)